Ringette Manitoba / WRL Deadlines
1st half Opt-out – Wednesday, October 4th
Seeding Meeting – Wednesday, October 4th
Registration forms and fees due – Monday, October 16th
Townhall Meeting – Tuesday, October 17th
Season Starts – Thursday, October 26th
Child Abuse Forms Due – Wednesday, November 1st
Ringette Road to Worlds Run
Ringette Canada’s Senior and Junior National Teams will be on the ice for the World Ringette Championships in Mississauga, Ontario from November 27 to December 3, 2017. It is an honour and a privilege for our athletes to represent Canada at this premier event. However, all of the athletes must bear most of the costs to attend this event, as funding is limited.
As a way to raise funds for our athletes a group has organized a 5K Run/Walk to be held in the fall at a number of locations across Canada. Currently runs are scheduled to be held on October 7, 2017 in Calgary, Edmonton, Lacombe, Ottawa and Winnipeg, and on October 21, 2017 in Halifax. A Run is also soon to be organized for London Ontario. The organizers are working with the Running Room to help facilitate the success of their event. All funds raised will go to the National Team athletes competing at the 2017 World Ringette Championships.
To register for the run in Winnipeg click here.
Not only will the event be a great fundraiser, but, it is also an opportunity to come together to celebrate being part of the awesome sport we all love. The hope is that players, their parents, siblings and friends will attend. Coaches can use it as a team building event! If you are in a location where you can get out to participate in the event we encourage you to register and to tell your friends and teammates to join you.
If you are not in a location where you are able to participate please watch for further announcements about where you will hopefully be able to watch some live streaming of the event.
Click here to learn more about the National Team program: Team Canada
SJRA Vacant Positions
Ringette season is starting soon and we still have some vacant positions on our board. If you’d like to have your say, if you’d like to see changes, if you just love the sport your daughter plays and would like to be more involved, please reach out to Janna Treleman (jtreleman@MACDON.com):
- Preside at all meetings of the Board
- Call the meetings of the Board
- Serve as tie breaking vote for all Board meetings as required
- Sign as the signing officer of the SJRA for contractual items
- Be the official representative of SJRA to the MRA
- Ensure SJRA is represented at all applicable MRA and WRL meetings
- Oversee and approve the development of the annual report
- Represent SJRA to the media when opportunities exist
- Be an ex officio member of all committees
- Oversee conduct of all timekeepers
- Act as a contact with the WRL for matters related to Minor Officials
- Recruit timekeepers
- Prepare and submit Official’s billing as required
- Ensure shot clocks are available and in good working order for all games as required
- Responsible to submit SJRA’s request for ice to the Department of Parks and Recreation
- Represent SJRA at all ice user meetings
- Distribute ice to SJRA teams in a fair and equitable manner
- Prepare ice billings as required
- Represent SJRA at the AA Board Meetings
- Report to the Board any pertinent information from AA meetings
- Promote the AA program to age appropriate SJRA players